Saturday, June 22, 2013

Video streaming and services

Well, I found that I could get the camera preview callback function to work if I used it in an application instead of a service, but so far the approach to getting it to run from a service eludes me. I could make a separate video streaming app that runs as an application, but since IP Webcam already does a good job of that, I think I'll switch gears back to other functionality for a while.

I really like running the robot control code as a service. An application has to worry about screen orientation changes, screen blanking, and other events imposed upon it by the operating system that a service cheerfully ignores. I am not sure I want to give that up to implement my own streaming since I already have a working solution. Perhaps I'll come back to it later.

I am thinking of adding GPS support next.

No comments:

Post a Comment